Thursday, May 1, 2014

Those were the days...

Food. It has this amazing ability to transport and take you back in time. One such situation related to food which played out today took me right back to my initial uni days in Australia. You know what they say, "the more things change, the more they stay the same". If you have come to Oz as a student and stayed with few others in shared accommodation then this situation might sound familiar.

THE SITUATION
I come home from not so hard day's work and realise I cannot relax yet. It's dinner time and my partner who cooks better than me won't be home due to work commitment. Other two who stay with us don't know anything about cooking. They don't mind helping around so it's up to me to step up. So I cook the dish I know the best which is quick and easy too. The result is below.

THE DISH 
A humble curry - Dhal Makkhani (Kidney Bean and Black Lenthil Dhal) - with Rice.
I have cooked this dish several times since uni and every time I do, it reminds me of those days of humble beginning. The days when simple pleasures of life were much treasured! 

No comments: