Friday, October 24, 2008

Do dreams ever come true? – II

....Continued...

11-10-2008 Sat: Got a call and was called for a quick audition. Wasn’t happy with it and thought would fail the audition miserably. While driving back home, got an idea, did a video shoot at home, posted on a youtube and sent the link to the producer.

12-10-2008 Sun: Got a call from the producer, he said the youtube video did the trick and got me the role. I was elated.

13-10-2008 Mon: Got the full script. Had to search and take a note of scenes where I’m supposed to appear.

14-10-2008 Tue: The main cast, director arrived from Indonesia. Went for rehearsals, gave around 20-30 takes, and failed terribly, I was disgusted with myself. Came home midnight dejected, slept couple of hours, got up at around 3 am, re-wrote some of the dialogs, went back to bed bit more relaxed.

15-10-2008 Wed: D-Day arrives.
Went early - 8:00am - for the shoot, waited for couple of hours for everything to be in place and was ready for the 1st scene.

  • Scene 1: As I didn’t have any dialogs and just had to dance carefree, it went well.
  • Scene 2: had a monologue and was the one which I had failed in rehearsals and hence was bit worried. But I am not sure if it was the costume, or location or my dialoges, I gave my best shot and came out triumphant in about 4th or 5th take. I was the happiest and most relieved person on the set...or may be it was the director.
  • Scene 3: I was not aware of this scene unti th last moment. The script I got did ave this. But anyways, shooting for this scene was physically hard. I had to crash into the main character of the movie, some how had to make my turban come off with the whole wig of long hair still sticking on my head and also had to utter a one liner in Indonesian language. I would have given at least 3-4 takes in 3 diff angle and by the end of it I was literally dead. So was the make up lady as every take she had to do the turban again.
  • Scene 4-6: These were very easy compared to above ones. Just had to stare at the camera or the protagonist and utter a word QUALITY. My nuclear family joined me at the shoot by then. I could see how proud they were of me. I could see it in their eyes; especially my 7yr old was speechless.
By the time I finished shooting it was 11 pm. It was hard work but was very satisfying. THANK YOU ‘Kambing Jantan’ team for the unforgettable experience.

Now, waiting for my pay ;-)

Yes, dreams do come true sometimes. Keep dreaming...

No comments: