Sunday, August 24, 2008

Deaf copassengers

Recently, during one of the interesting email conversation within my close group, we started exchanging our thoughts about how annoying a simple bus travel to/from work, can become sometimes. Specifically, when your deaf co-passengers have their music player on, blasting some crap which you are forced to hear/endure. Sometimes you are sitting next to them or in a row not too far from them. And most annoying is when the whole bus, literally, can listen to their choice of music. I am so frustrated with these deaf people that I know one day I will just snap!!

And that's when I started thinking...instead of loosing my cool and creating a scene, how about if I make the whole scene so funny that it embarrasses them and at the same time might make them realize what they are doing. So, following are some of the scenarios what I came up with....may be one day I gather some courage to implement them during one of those rides :-)


Prelude to Dialog 1 & 2:

[Me poking the deaf co-passengers sitting next to me and waiting for him/her to remove that bud from his/her ear which is closer to myside]
Him/Her: What? [bit annoyed]

Dialog 1
ME: Good music, but I can't hear that lyrics properly, can you

pls increase the volume a bit more?

Dialog 2
ME: Beautiful song man! could you pls replay it for me? Please Please Please

Prelude to Dialog 3:

[Turning towards my partner-in-crime friend, BABS, who's sitting in the last row of the bus]

Dialog 3
ME: Hey Babs, c'mon here...you should hear this..it's soo

cool. What? You can here from there too?
[And e'body on the bus Laugh Out Loud]

So, what would you do? And when I asked this same Q to Babs, a very talented friend of mine, following are couple of scenarios he came up with. They are so hilarious you would literally cry laughing if you imagine yourself in mes shoes.


Scenario 1: [male co-passenger listening to jarring music]

me: [Taping his shoulder]
Friggen Dumbo: [nods his head] wat
me: [in subtle voice] They say if u masturbate a lot u can hear well.
FD: What???
entire bus rolling on the floor.........

Scenario 2: [Female co-passenger listening to mind numbing music]
me: [tapping on her shoulders]
Friggen Dumbie: What?
me: Like the music Do you come Free as well?
FD: mind your language mate.
me: cool, u mind ur music then...
[irritated FD cranks the music louder and ignores me]
me: [tapping her shoulder again]
FD: Now what?
me: This number started at stop No.2 and its Stop 23 now...can u please change the music...
FD: F-Off will yaa, its my friggen pod and I wud listen to any number. any number of time i wish too..

[Few chuckles in the bus]
me: [after 5 minutes another tap]
FD: [pauses the music and yells] Driver this man is harassing me....
me: OK i have proposition, I pay u $1, you can use that to download anything from iTunes, pls show me ur playlist lemme play with it n choose nice one (No double meaning implied here)
FD: I'm not a friggen mobile Juke Box for u....u want one get ur own pod.....
me: Wow not bad i thot ur brain wud be as numb n blunt as ur ear drums, but u picked my subtle hint that I'm implying u r juke box for half the bus here, and an admant one that doesn't listen too....
FD: OK assole I give in.....
whole bus applauds n some whistles...


I hope/wish you are not one of those deaf passengers and if you are, I would think you got the moral of the story. And instead, if you a victim then you exactly know what to do in your next ride.


I know, I know, I didn't (or did I!) end this post with "I am stick..."


No comments: