Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hail Him Or Jail Him?



I would have hailed him as a hero, if I were 2/3rd my current age and if I were in India. But, alas and thank god, strictly in that order, I am not...so I will boooo him all the way to jail. What would you do and what do you think?

This incident reminds of my younger days in Karanataka, India. I remember the state government committed Harakiri and bought in the unpopular 'helmets-are-compulsory-for-2-wheel-drivers' rule just before the elections. Opposition party made it a big political issue and I believe, till today, that above was one of the main reason the ruling party lost. And the first thing the opposition did after winning was to abolish the rule. Can you believe it? Yeap, somethings happen only in India :-(

Back to the current topic, what gets my blood boiling about this article is see how this journo is trying to brand this whole charade as Gandhigiri. Gandhi would be squirming upstairs and saying, "Gandhigiri My foot". But as title of my blog homepage says, it's just my opinion and you know what I like, yeap "sticking..."

No comments: